DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a lump the size of a ping pong ball on the bottom

Customer Question

Hi I have a lump the size of a ping pong ball on the bottom left side of my rib. Initially the doctor thought it could be a calcium deposit when it was the size of a pea. What are your thoughts? Its hard and hurts.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear this

Do you have an X-ray of the area or any other test ?

Since how long you have this lump ?

Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No X-ray. I can't remember how long I had the pea-sized lump but i just noticed the ping pong ball sized lump today.

Thanks for the information

A bony hard lump can be a benign bone growth like osteoma or at time the cysts also get calcified and giving it a hard texture. The chances of something serious like a tumor are very unlikely. I would suggest that you do see the doctor for an X-ray. A calcified growth can be seen on X-ray. For more detail analysis an MRI can be of help.For relief of pain do take some anti inflammatory like Advil or Motrin.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Regards