Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

I am 58 years old and had a Tdap before going to India 4

Customer Question

I am 58 years old and had a Tdap before going to India 4 years ago. I will be caring for a newborn in a couple of weeks. Do I need a new Tdap or is there just a pertussis only vaccine that should be received? Is there a danger to me if I get a second Tdap in order to assure my daughter that I am current on vaccines?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 months ago.
There is no danger in receiving the tdap vaccine and that is what you should be receiving. It is completely safe. Get it as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You are suggesting a get another Tdap even though I had one 4 years ago and everything I read says I just need one as an adult?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just to be clear, your medical recommendation is that I get another Tdap even though I had one 4 years ago?