Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.

Are you a Doctor? Wanted to ask about chances of getting

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: Hi, are you a Doctor?
JA: No. I'm the Doctor's Assistant.
Customer: Wanted to ask about chances of getting pregnant
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None, fullly healthy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 month ago.

When was your last period?

When did you have sex?

Are you using anything for birth control?

Are you trying to become pregnant? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Last period was 11th Sept. Was intimate on 26th Sept. No condom and no birth control. But no penetration, just precum on tip of penis brushed against vaginal entrance.

I'm sorry for the delay. For some reason, I couldn't see your answer until now.

You won't get pregnant without penetration. Precum at the vaginal entrance will not get you pregnant.

I think there is no chance that you got pregnant from that sex on 26 September. Best regards.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanks, ***** ***** wasn't sure that Pre-ejaculate contained active sperm (another fertility doctor said up to 25% of sperm can be in pre-cum), and second I wasn't sure that pre-ejaculate at vaginal entrance could mean that any active sperm could swim into and up the vaginal canal and fertilise an egg at the right Ovulation timing. Are there any details you could give above?

Pre-ejaculate can contain sperm, but usually not in the large numbers required for pregnancy. Although only one sperm impregnates the egg, millions are required to assist the process.

A full ejaculate with millions of sperm won't cause a pregnancy unless some of the semen gets significantly inside the vagina. Sperm are good swimmers, but only if they have enough semen to swim in.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks for that assurance. One more thing. After vaginal contact with Pre-ejaculate on tip of penis, there was fingering such that the fear would be some some pre ejaculate entered in. Would this pose a risk and if so how much?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 30 days ago.

As I said, pre-ejaculate generally doesn't have enough sperm to cause a pregnancy, even when it's deposited near the cervix. Fingering won't get enough sperm inside to cause a pregnancy.