Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have been taking lisinopril for several years and lowered

Customer Question

i have been taking lisinopril for several years and lowered my blood pressure. Yet for some time have had daily dizziness and vertigi. I am going to stop taking it to see if dizzy stops. Is that ok.
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: it has been dropping after being hight. Just now my lower number was 67. Never had such a low number. And a warm shower also contributes to my dizziness.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes i am hypothyroid and have candida all over.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

No this is not recommended. There are many causes for the dizziness and vertigo and your doctor would be able to diagnose the exact cause. Regarding the low blood pressure, please keep a record of daily blood pressure and take this record to your doctor. If the blood pressure is consistently low and if you no longer require the medication then your doctor will advice you to lower the dosage or discontinue the medication. Please do not discontinue the medication yourself without informing your doctor. This trial and error should be avoided to know whether the medication is the causative factor and the specific cause needs to be diagnosed by your doctor based on the examination and investigations, and only then the specific treatment may be prescribed. A lower number of 67 is also normal in most individuals.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars by clicking 5 stars above.

Thank you.