Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My son has a drug screening 10 days after taking for 3 days.

Customer Question

My son has a drug screening 10 days after taking Librium for 3 days. He is not aloud to take Librium. He is in probation but they gave that to him in hospital unknown to him what medicine it was til
After he took it. He is healthy thin exercises daily a lot. Will this show in his urine?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: He gets tested at probation. Urine test. Total 10 days off Librium. Only took it 3 days. Will this show in urine test?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry your son needed to take Librium. Unfortunately, Librium can be detected in the urine for 1-6 weeks. You should get a copy of the hospital record showing that it was prescribed by a doctor. This should satisfy his probation officer that he did not take it own his own.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Has your son taken his urine drug screen test? Did he pass? Did you get a copy of his medical record?