Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I fell over a metal chair over a month ago. It was turned

Customer Question

I fell over a metal chair over a month ago. It was turned over and my upper stomach hit the criss crossing bars. I was pinned there for some time. When I was able to free myself I went in to drink some hot tea to calm myself. I went instantly hot then became very cold. Crawled off to bed. Couldn't get up for a week. Finally went to see the NP and she said I was fine. My stomach was and is distended. In one day I went up 8 sizes. I can't eat. No dairy, no gluten, no fat, very low sugar. Can not digest protein at all since I fell. I have no appetite. Just pain, upper stomach and middle of my back. Have gained more weight but eat less than before. I was 120lbs before fall. Have always maintained my weight. Now I stay around 160lbs. I would starve myself but I can't eat anything anyway. Take probiotics, digestive enzymes (acupuncturist). I have always exercised and maintained a healthy weight and diet. I'm 51 year old female. I'm tired of hurting, not eating, not digesting.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 7 months ago.
Hello!
From what you describe you need to be seen ASAP !!
You may have had internal bleeding and fluid collection in the abdomen it sounds
This would seem quite serious and that you need to be seen !!
The sooner the better ! You need an abdominal CT to check for intra-abdominal fluid / blood / injury such as to your liver ...
I hope that this information is helpful for you
Let me know if you have further questions or concerns
I will be happy to get back with you
If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback
Thank you and Best Regards
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
By who?
ER today would be appropriate
Your history is very concerning that you had significant abdominal injury
You may consult internal medicine doctor / gastroenterologist/ or general surgeon for evaluation as an option