Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I have what I believe to be some sort of urinary tract

Customer Question

I have what I believe to be some sort of urinary tract infection. I have minor pressure and discomfort just before and after urination..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. My name is***** and i am reviewing your question and will get back to you with a response ASAP!!!

Wellfrom what you are describing there are a few things which can point towards this being a UTI. If you have dark colored urine, a smell to the urine, burning while urinating or even increased frequency in addition to the pressure and discomfort then it is very likely that you have a urinary tract infection, In some cases you could also be passing blood in your urine or have lower abdominal pain orback pain. However it is not necessary for all of the above symptoms to be present in a single case, and only a few symptoms are enough to form a suspicion.

In your case it is possible for a UTI to be present and if so it is likely to be due to a bacterial or fungal infection. This would be diagnosed on a simple urine examination and also with a urine culture. Once diagnosed it can be managed with antibiotics or antifungals as needed. Now it is also possible that you have a bladder infection or an infection of the prostate which can cause similar features and a clinical examination would be helpful in differentiating between them along with a abdominal ultrasound.

Now i would suggest that you increase your water intake as that is helpful in most cases and also see your doctor for the above tests and a prescription as needed.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,