Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

I hv been taking an antibiotic and nasal spray for 7 days

Customer Question

I hv been taking an antibiotic and nasal spray for 7 days and my ear is still plugged solid
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: Sinus with it One and half weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was septic 3 years ago and had to hv very strong antibiotics and hv had an infection every year since and hv had I'v antibiotic Wondering if the oral will Wrk on me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

Can you please tell me which antibiotic and nasal spray are you using ?

Do you have any post nasal discharge ?

Any nasal blockage ??

Do you have heart disease or high blood pressure ??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
875 amoxicillin
Saline Basel spray Stuffy nose but nothing to bad it is more the ear

Thanks for the information

Your recurrent sinus infections and ear problem suggest that you should have a CT scan of the sinuses and tympanometry to assess if there is any fluid in the ears. For now you can take Tablet Sudafed one tablet twice daily and Nasacort nasal spray. You should also take some steam inhalation. This will help in relieving your symptoms. In case if you does not feel any better in next two to three days then do see your doctor for a re-evaluation and above mentioned investigations. It is possible that you might need a course of IV antibiotic if it does not get better in two to three days.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating