Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have 3 quarter size perfectly round marks on my stomach

Customer Question

hi, i have 3 quarter size perfectly round marks on my stomach they are very warm to the touch i have 2 similar circles on my elbow that intensely itch.I have no idea what these are. I had shingles several yrs. ago, could that be it?
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: no i feel ok, just these burning circles, it has been about 4 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have ms and take rituxin infusions every 6 mos for this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach pictures of these marks/circles?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am sorry but i do not know how to do that , they are quarter size, perfectly round and red,, a little raised in the center, they burn and itch a little
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
any suggestions?

If the only question is whether this is shingles, a picture is not as necessary. The description does not sound like shingles, and the pattern of involvement of the stomach and the elbow also speaks against shingles.

However, if it would be helpful to discuss what is causing the circles, that is how reviewing pictures would be helpful. Pictures can be attached by using the icon on the toolbar that looks like a paper clip.

Without being able to see pictures, the first option of what to try would be to use an oral antihistamine to see if it helps.

Do you think that you can attach pictures? Or would you rather try an antihistamine first?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have been taking benedryl with little relief and now i am putting calamine lotion on them
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where would i send an email to with a picture if i can get one

Can you attach pictures?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i cant afford the phone call right npw, i am sorry

The offer for a phone call is routine for all customers, but it is fine to continue the discussion in this forum.

Detailed instructions of how to attach pictures is at If you can only send to to an e-mail address, the e-mail address for customer support is at the bottom of this page, and they can forward it to me. The e-mail and forwarding takes longer, but I will respond once the pictures are forwarded to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to email a picture then, thank you

Certainly. Let me know when you send it to customer support, so I will know to start looking for it.