Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

I am in The USA for a couple of months. An urinary infection

Customer Question

I am in The USA for a couple of months. An urinary infection I have had several times reappeared. I called my doctor and he así me ti take Ciprofloxacin 500 mg.
But I need a prescription. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your situation. However you cant get online prescriptions in the US, that is illegal as a doctor patient relationship has to be established in order to write a prescription. This can only be done by an in office visit or physical examination.

So the next best step here for you would be to visit a walk in clinic in your area, or even visit an urgent care center who would be happy to write you a prescription for ciprofloxacin or another antibiotic like bactrim if necessary.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you like to know anything else?