Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I have been diagnosed with a severe case of Restless Leg

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with a severe case of Restless Leg Syndrome one year ago. It came suddenly and was very painful. My neurologist has prescribed Neupro 4mg Rotigotine Transdermal System 4mg 24 hour patch, Horizant at 5pm daily, and Klonopan 0.5mg at bedtime. I am finally having relief. When I have a breakthrough which is seldom, I soak in a hot tub with Epsom salts which contains magnesium and/or take carbidopa/levodopa in an emergency situation. I have two concerns: The amount of medication I take daily, and hair loss. Any comment or advice would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

In the presence of Restless leg syndrome with hair loss , possibility of low thyroid hormones in body ( Hypothyroidism ) should be ruled out .

You can take same dose of drug , but immediately get Thyroid function test please .

Regards .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Are you there ...

Regards .