Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

We are looking at adopting a little girl from China with an

Customer Question

we are looking at adopting a little girl from China with an unrepaired heart condition. I need to find someone to look at her heart ultrasound results in her file and give me a general opinion of the severity of her condition.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

Can you please send me over the heart ultrasound report.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is the file, scroll down, the ultrasound report starts at the bottom of the last page of the narrative and continues onto the next page. Further on, there are pictures though the quality is bad.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please keep the file I sent you confidential.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

The heart ultrasound report shows severe pulmonary hypertension, meaning that the blood flow to the vessels in the lungs is happening at a very high pressure.

This, in the long run, can be deleterious to her heart and her health.

She will likely require surgery for her tricuspid valve in the near future to help cure this problem.

I personally think that this problem is curable with surgery and that this child can be adopted if you are willing.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end and then submitting your rating as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In your opinion, as heart surgeries go, would it be considered highly risky or fairly routine? Would the surgery fix the pulmonary hypertension?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

Well, the pulmonary hypertension in my view is related to the leaky tricuspid valve.

Changing the valve or replacing it would be the ideal way to go about this.

This is not a very risky surgery and valve replacement is done routinely.

The best person who could opinion would be a cardiac surgeon who examines the girl and gives you and opinion on a face-to-face consultation.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards