Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a reoccurring positive ecoli infection in the urine

Customer Question

Hello Doctor,
I have a reoccurring positive ecoli infection in the urine when tested via U A/C and S . I have had several rounds of cipro not effective - a round of macrobid and I just retested positive again 100.000 ecoli count in the urine .. iv been battling this since april 2016 after a trip to Mexico. My primary PCP has been treating this .. Today my MD ordered Ampicillin 500 mg one by mouth every 6 hours for 10 days. I am a nurse and have some awareness of meds so I was not sure if this is a good antibiotic for this infection and I am a little med phobic due to allergies to meds in my lifetime. per my lab results I am resistant to cipro. Please advise if there is a better antibiotic option since I want to cure this once and for all Thankyou for your time in advance. Sincerely, ***** *****
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

Can you please tell me what antibiotics were shown to be effective against E.coli in your recent urine C/S ?

It will be good if you can attach an image/picture of your C/S report

Do you have any known medical illness or any medicines which you are taking regularly ?

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thankyou , , i can scan and email or fax the results can you tell me how for this site?

you just take a jpg image and send as attachment

It will be sent as an attachment from your laptop

If you are unable to send image just check on your result to which antibiotics the bug (E.coli) is sensitive

Regards

There is an icon on your computer about attachment . You just click that and then browse you PC and attach the file containing your C/S result.

Regards

Hello ??

have you tried attaching the image ?

Regards