Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now it depends on the type and severity of constipation that you have. If the constipation is constant and you can even pass flatus then that is an emergency and requires urgent abdominal xrays and a examination to rule out intestinal obstruction. Now if you are able to pass stools but not frequently and the stools are hard in consistency then you can benefit from the following interventions,
1) Increase the intake of water in your diet which can soften the stools
2) Increase the intake of fiber (dietary)
3) Try using fiber supplements like metamucil and benefiber
4) If that doesnt work then you can use OTC docusate for softening the stools which is a safe drug here
5) lastly if that doesnt work then you can try OTC laxatives like miralax which can be very effective.
If these dont work then you need to be evaluated for underlying causes of constopation like hemorrhoids or colon issues.
Do you have any more questions?
Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,