Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I broke my ankle during the third game of the football

Customer Question

I broke my ankle during the third game of the football season. I had a clean break through the fibula about 3/4 of the way down with minimal displacement, and also chipped a small piece off of my tibia. 3 days after the incident, I went to see an orthopedic doctor and they took more X-rays and the gap between the two pieces of the fibula was basically gone. My pain and swelling has reduced drastically. The season ends in 6 weeks, and it has already been over a week since the incident. Is there any chance that I will be ready to play in the last two or 3 games? I have no tendon or ligament damage.
P.S. It's my senior season, and I really don't want it to be over yet.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 months ago.

The healing time for such injuries is at least two to four weeks' time. Even though the x-rays seem to be good but the bone may not be as firmly healed at the moment.

But there definitely is a chance that you may be able to play in the last two to three games.

It would all depend on the assessment made by your doctor though.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end and then submitting your rating as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards