Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Can a sonogram (sonar) see a gastric bypass surgery when the

Customer Question

Can a sonogram (sonar) see a gastric bypass surgery when the person does a sonogram of the abdomen can the see the gastric bypass surgery ?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can a sonogram (sonar) see a gastric bypass surgery when the person does a sonogram of the abdomen can they see the gastric bypass surgery ?
Because tomorrow I have an appointment for a sonogram of the abdomen to see my liver , spleen, ovaries etc so will the gastric bypass surgery show in the sonogram?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want a live phone call just an answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, a total abdominal ultrasound scan can see evidence of a gastric bypass surgery.

it can show the stomach being smaller from a gastric bypass

you don't want your doctor to know?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But they will only do the sonogram on the liver spleen and ovaries not stomach so will it still show?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But they will only do the sonogram on the liver spleen and ovaries not stomach so will the gastric bypass still show?
20 September 201

if they don't do the ultrasound over the stomach area, they may not see the gastric bypass surgery that has been done in the past.