Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have a continuing pain in the left lower ribs, what can

Customer Question

I have a continuing pain in the left lower ribs, what can the cause be ? also I am suffering from acute fatigue !!!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have this pain in the left lower ribs?

Any tests done so far?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had pain for about 3 weeks , and I have had no tests done
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

Before I gave you the final answer,please also let me know:

Does the pain increases when you breathe in?

Any history of recent injury?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
34;at this point I think I am going around in circles, I am not satisfied , so please do not charge me. thanks
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

I am sorry but I was just asking for the additional info so that I can narrow down the diagnosis.

The symptoms you have described of having a continuing pain in the left lower ribs since last 3 weeks can be due to following causes: gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and esophageal spasm,musculoskeletal problems, especially fibromyositis (muscle inflammation) or it can be due to anxiety and panic attacks.

You need following tests:

-Upper endoscopy/ esophagogastroduodenoscopy(EGD)

-Barium swallow

-Chest X-ray

The gastric reflux/GERD seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms & pain in lower ribs gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh