Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I HAD A CHEST PAIN LAST NIGHT IN BEDWOKE MEUP IT WAS IN THE

Customer Question

I HAD A CHEST PAIN LAST NIGHT IN BEDWOKE MEUP IT WAS IN THE MIDDLE BRTWEEN RIB CAGE LASTED A LONG TIME 2 HOURS IT WAS A VRY HEAVT PAIN
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: YES I HAVE COPD
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: IM NOT FEELING WELL TODAY VERY DOWN
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical/heart conditions including the concerns of “Chest pain” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns;

1) Have you had experienced this type of chest pain before, or is this the first time ever?

2) The shortness of breath you experienced is the usual you experience secondary to the COPD, or do you feel this is more than the usual for you?

3) Were there any other symptoms like abnormal sweating, or pain in the left arm or neck, jaw area, shoulder etc

4) Do you have a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol etc, and any history of chronic smoking cigarettes?

5) Could you also describe the chest pain more, was it crushing or squeezing type, or was it burning type or other types?

6) How is the chest pain now, is it completely gone or are you still having some pain?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1 NO NEVER BEFORE 2I HAVE OXYGEN AT NIGHT 3 NO 4 YES 5 IT WAS A VERY HEAVY PAIN 6 ITS GONE NOW

Okay I see. Thanks for all these additional information! I am preparing the answer, I am typing it now and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

Please see this type of chest pain does not automatically indicate this is something serious or this is related to the heart etc

We see many patients who experience this type of severe chest pain and after thoroughly investigating it turns out to be not due to any serious issues or heart related etc

However this needs further evaluation and investigations

You need a thorough examination either in the clinic or if a clinic appointment is not available for today itself then in the ER (Emergency room) followed by certain investigations that may include an ECG (EKG) of the heart, certain blood tests, and any additional tests as necessary and then treated appropriately.

Once again I reassure you this type of chest pain does not automatically mean this is from the heart or something serious. Please try to get this investigated asap, an early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctor or a dr in the ER as soon as possible.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. Please do not forget to click a positive rating. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too. Best regards!Customer/p>