Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical/heart conditions including the concerns of “Chest pain” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.
First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns;
1) Have you had experienced this type of chest pain before, or is this the first time ever?
2) The shortness of breath you experienced is the usual you experience secondary to the COPD, or do you feel this is more than the usual for you?
3) Were there any other symptoms like abnormal sweating, or pain in the left arm or neck, jaw area, shoulder etc
4) Do you have a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol etc, and any history of chronic smoking cigarettes?
5) Could you also describe the chest pain more, was it crushing or squeezing type, or was it burning type or other types?
6) How is the chest pain now, is it completely gone or are you still having some pain?