Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm looking for information on an ED diagnosis

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What information about ED are you seeking?

I had asked about clarification regarding your question and have not heard back, so I will make some general comments about the diagnosis of ED.

The diagnosis of ED is primarily made by the history and physical examination. However, ED is really a symptoms, not a single condition, so the diagnostic process should include some consideration of the cause for the ED. ED can be caused by both physical and psychologic conditions. There are some people, though, in whom a specific cause cannot be identified.

Treatment of the ED is focused on treating the underlying condition whenever possible, as well as direct treatment of the ED.

If there is a specific question that you have about the diagnosis of ED, please let me know.