Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.

I have a pituitary tumor, small, 4mmx4mmx3mm, the last 6

Customer Question

I have a pituitary tumor, small, 4mmx4mmx3mm, the last 6 months I have increasing SEVERE headaches- been treated with 150mg of Demerol and phenergan, however the last 2 months I've started involuntary muscle spasms all over my body and twitches- getting worse. What is this and what do I do?? Neuron can't see me for another 2 weeks. Headaches are now coming almost every 3 days, in miserable pain
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.

A pituitary tumor that is symptomatic with headache and seizure activity should NOT be treated with pain medication. You need treatment to shrink the tumor, for example with Parlodel or consideration of surgery. You should seek emergency care by going to an emergency room I have no idea what you mean by seeing a Neuron possible you mean a neurologist.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Neurologist, I've been waiting about 2 months to see him since I got diagnosed with tumor. So it's a primary doc doing pain medicine- is there a reason it is bad? I've wanted treatment to help with tumor but can't get it until the neurosurgeon can get me in. How do they shrink it? Radiation? What is parlodel? And the tremors, do you think they are related? How would you treat that symptom?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.

No they do not shrink it with radiation. As I mentioned above, medication like Parlodel can be used or surgery as a cure. The tremors are seizure related activity most likely due to the tumor. They are not a symptom that should be treated but due to the tumor you have, which needs treatment.