Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I have had frequent soft stools around six times per day

Customer Question

I have had frequent soft stools around six times per day this has been going on for the past three weeks I had a colonoscopy a week ago that was negative and some blood and fecal testing and those were OK they came out normal but I'm just trying to figure out what's going on with me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any blood or mucus in your stools? Have you had fat testing done in your stools? What tests have you had done, do you remember their names?

Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 month ago.

3 weeks of loose brown stool could be a lower GI infection as a strong possibility..

A case of gastroenteritis..

Most cases of gastroenteritis are viral and usually resolve within 2 weeks ( some last longer such as norovirus)

I would suggest that they might test your stool samples x three specimens >> stool culture/ leukocytes/ C.diff/ norovirus/ ova and parasites..

You could try 5 days or Pepto Bismol one dose after each loose stool up to 7 doses in a day and that may be of help..

You could have a case of IBS ( = irritible bowel syndrome) which can fluctuate from diarrhea to constipation and has increased bowel spasms and is related to stress/anxiety

I hope that this is helpful for you.

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

I will be happy to get back with you! '

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

A probiotic such as Digestive Advantage may be helpful in the long run...