Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

First, I know you cannot offer medical advice but only

Customer Question

First, I know you cannot offer medical advice but only provide information or opinions. I have my own doctors and will continue to interact with and rely solely on them for my medical care.
Three weeks after my open inguinal hernia surgery, I had sudden onset double vision, which uncovered "vertical phoria" by an optometrist. When I asked my Minneapolis and New York doctors what to do, they both said "just stay on aspirin." I am 72.
This attack was sudden onset, lasting in it's dramatic form for 15 minutes but not fully resolving for around an hour or more. The optometrist noted that I was very sleep deprived. But I responded by saying that "I am very, very often been very sleep deprived but have never had any type of visual disturbance before." Obviously, I think it was a TIA.
Giving that my d-dimer is predictable elevated (large inguinal seroma) as well as my fibrinogen and all inflammatory markers, is there any testing that can be done to evaluate whether or not it is safe for me to get in a car and take a seven day car trip from Minneapolis to NYC? The timing of this trip is totally at my discretion. I don't want to be "in the middle of nowhere" with a follow-on TIA or stroke.
My Minneapolis doctor is a very close personal friend and I have not doubt that he will happily welcome any input I can get for him.
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Have you done a CT scan of the brain ?

Have you done a fundoscopy ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic