Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband was in a car accident that was his fault he had

Customer Question

My husband was in a car accident that was his fault he had broken ribs but they overlooked a lacerated kidney, confused lung and damaged heart. I had them transfer him to anither hospital where they found the missed injuries. He was in the first hospital for 4 days then released home. He became short of breath and i took him back then when I saw that he was not doing well I insisted on his transfer. 9/1 to 9/4 he was in then back in on 9/6 and is still in the other hospital.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No he is still in the hospital and he just out of ICU but he is still having trouble.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Medical
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this for us?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am concerned that in the first hospital not aggressively treating him he had been bleeding internally with the lacerated kidney but by the time I insisted on him going to anither hospital that was for trauma care and as a result of time passed he is weaker, his blood tests show he may be at risk for PE, and his hemoglobin has dropped. I am so bothered that they didn't catch his injuries when they did 2 CT scans and other tests they under medicated him for pain as well which stressed his body. I am concerned that he might not make it
Expert:  PaulmoJD replied 2 months ago.
Please forgive me, this is a medical question and I am attorney, I will move this to the medical category for a doctor to answer you on tht medical question.
Do not respond to me as it will delay you getting a medical expert to respond.