Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I started taking clonazapam for anxiety about 5 mos. now.At

Customer Question

I started taking clonazapam for anxiety about 5 mos. now.At first I was just sleepy and it seemed to zap me of all feeling. Then things got worse. I have no memory,I can't function.I'm having double vision, I think I've become psychotic. I read the withdrawel syptom can last for years. I can't live like this. I haven't taken it since last night and I can barely see. I can't work .It ruined my mind,my life.Can it really take years to get over it.?My doctor denies that this can happen. What will I do .I can't even see.It's bad to withdraw cold turkey but being on it became so bad. I use to be intelligent,now I'm an idiot. What can I do?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: At first it just took away all feeling and made me sleepy. Now I'm like psychotic. I know I look weird.It's been increasing over 5 mos.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have off and on had ocd. Sometimes going away completely. But I don't tust what I see because I'm so flaky now that I keep checking things. My doctor doesnt care.He denies that this is possible.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.

How much Clonazepam are you taking?

Are you taking any additional medication?

Are you being treated for any other medical problems?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any additional concerns?