Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Question about gastritis - what are the common symptoms?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear og your indigestion. The most common symptoms are:

Nausea, bloating, abdominal pain, hiccups, vomiting coffee ground vomit.

If persistent, a visit to a Gastroenterologist for endoscopy (looking at the upper GI system with a scope), is suggested.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me a 5-Star. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I am concerned it may be my gallbladder. Yesterday I felt fine was able to eat dinner and have a smoothie. I woke up this morning and felt a little ill. I ate some oatmeal and immediately started to feel dizzy and like it wasn't sitting right with me. I have had this since Monday, but it has happened before in the past. About six months ago. At that time, i had an ultrasound and it came back fine. My doctor said if it was my gallbladder, fatty foods would bother it. He thinks it's gastritis, but it seems more to me. I also get a bad taste in my mouth after eating
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a lot of rumblings too - could this be my IBS?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry you are having so many problems. What you're describing could be gastritis or gallbladder disease. The ultrasound could miss cholesterol stones that are in early formation. IBS would not be a possible primary diagnosis. May I suggest you see a Gastroenterologist for a definitive diagnosis. You need more than just an ultrasound.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure. My symptoms went away for a 7 months. Can that happen with gallbladder disease?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Yes, it can happen if you changed your diet, stopped alcohol and smoking if you do any of these. IBS symptoms either constipation or diarrhea usually produce lower GI symptoms. The Gastroenterologist will evaluate both upper and lower GI problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could it be pancreatitis or would that be more constant?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Pancreatitis would involve vomiting, grey skin color and severe pain. Your symptoms are NOT Pancreatitis

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Are you feeling better and did you schedule an appointment with a Gastroenterologist? Please provide a rating, hopefully 5 stars. Thank you.