Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I just woke up in a full sweat. Took a shower. Still

Customer Question

I just woke up in a full sweat. Took a shower. Still sweating. What's up?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? I'm good. And you?
Customer: Statin, blood pressure, aspirin, saw a doctor monday for cold, been taking 0-t-c med and one mega dose of C, 1,000 mg early evening.
JA: Glad to hear it. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I never woke up in a full sweat before and I am scared. do i take the trouble to drive myself to the er
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: The afore mentioned, except the mega dose of c, allergic to sulfa drugs and contrasting dye products
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no there's a history of diabetes in my family -- my brother, two nephews and I am scared I may have diabetes 2.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

If this is just sweating and you do not feel dizzy or have vertigo, then this is not due to low blood pressure. And if you are not experiencing any black outs or lightheadedness along with the sweating then this is not due to Diabetes type II.

Profuse sweating can be due to fever at a subclinical level. When the body heats up more than its core temperature as can happen in a cold, then the thermoregulation mechanisms come in to play and the sweating is the result of the body trying to lower its core temperature, by dissipating heat and cooling off as a result of evaporation of the sweat.

You mentioned having a cold and this could be due to the fever as a result of that cold.

If you feel dizzy, lightheaded or experience a black out or any other symptoms like chest pain or headache, then have some one ready to drive you to the Urgent Care or the ER.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health