Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My 65 y.o. brother has lost 50 pds. Involuntarily in the

Customer Question

My 65 y.o. brother has lost 50 pds. Involuntarily in the last 6 months, has tremors, difficulty catching his breathe, Has become super weak ( needs a wheelchair to Walk more than 50 steps.. has been tested for cancer, thyroid, has had CT Scan of his chest, seen a lung specialist, and a variety of other tests done ( mostly blood tests) ruled out rhumba roof arthritis and nothing is being found. Mystery disease. It's getting worse. Appt set up for endoscopy in 4 weeks ( wish it could be sooner) also set up to check for muscle disease. do you think this could be something viral? He has traveled all over the world, many times to Mexico and recently Europe/ UK.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your brother, can i ask has he had an EMG/NCS done at this point in time? What about a MRI of the brain?