Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

Okay my daughter got lice about 4months ago I also treated

Customer Question

Okay my daughter got lice about 4months ago I also treated my head just in case well after treated my head end up no lice bugs but the the medicine to treat my head I left itn too long and developing few sores along with heavy dandruff. I bought every shampoo out there well need less to say I have been picking these scores almost 5 months and the sores that I think are infected and caused me to have lumps on my neck and head feels like a not, also my ear has pain and pressure
I've been having numbness to my face around the mouth and I tried to stop picking but its like a drug it's helps when stressed it started off only when I was stress now to it a part of my daily routine and it's embarrassing and my hair is starting to fall out I feel like my head is going to. Explode so much pressure. I'm just wondering can the infection go to my brain? Ive been kind incoherent and very forgetful . Are these symptoms related to?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

If the sores on your head have become infected, this can keep them from healing properly. The infection could also spread to include your ear canal. If deep enough, it could affect the nerves of the face as well. In severe cases, an infection can spread to the lining of the brain resulting in meningitis. When this happens one s typically quite ill with headaches and fever and neck pain, etc. To prevent something like this from happening, you should see your family doctor or go to an express care clinic for evaluation and treatment.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any follow up questions?