Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I am 10 days into flu with chest congestion cough. Just

Customer Question

I am 10 days into flu with chest congestion cough. Just today developed sharp pain lower right only when coughing. Cough and some sinus congestion are all that's left of the flu symptoms.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Cough since 9/3, fever and body aches started 9/1 and finished about 9/7.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Headache lasted 7 days. No known allergies or other general health concerns. Taken NyQuil generic for 8 days.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

As you have cough , congestion , flu , fever along with bodycahes for last ten days , in most of the cases Viral infection get cleared within 5-7 days .

Right now you have chest congestion with sharp Pain in chest while breathing , this is suggestive of Pleuritic chest pain.

At this stage it would be ideal for you to have Z Pack to treat superimposed bacterial infection , as Pleuritic chest pain indicates worsening infection .

Get Z pack for 3 days along with steam inhalation , Tab Advil , and lot of fluids , this will help to resolve your issues early .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”