Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

I'm experiencing black stools and dizziness for 2 days...on

Customer Question

I'm experiencing black stools and dizziness for 2 days...on meds for a week to 10 days for both sinus infection (fexofenadine, flutacasone) and Bells Palsy (prednisone, erythromycin ointment).
Are the drugs interacting badly, or is something else the problem?
Thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hello. You need to go to the ER. Black stools are a sign of gastrointestinal bleeding. The blood is digested and turns black. And the fact you are having dizziness suggests that you've lost enough blood to make yourself symptomatic (dizziness). Please go to the ER. This is not a situation to take lightly.

Did I answer your question to satisfaction?

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my expertise. Please don't rate bad or poor service. If your aren't 100% satisfied, click reply instead.