Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Continued coughing when I try to speak, not responding to

Customer Question

continued coughing when I try to speak, not responding to nasal spray or Claritin, I do have a lot of seasonal allergies......rt ear stops up from june to October like I am under water... could this be a sort of allergy. crystal
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: the cough for about 3 weeks, no other symptons except rt ear feels like it has cotton in it or I have gotten water in it? thank you
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no my last blood work was fine except my hemoglobin was 10.9 but he said it was common in women my age to have a slight drop sometimes... I feel ok except for this embarrassing cough an stopped up ringing in my rt ear.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Yes, you are right this can be due to allergy and coughing that causes blockage of eustachian tube which run between the middle of your ears and the back of your nose. You may experience a feeling of fullness or obstruction in your ear. Try chewing gum as chewing opens up the tube, decongestants can be helpful. Steam inhalation with menthol crystals in it would be beneficial. You have to take tablet fexofenedine or any other anti allergic to get control on your cough so that cause can be cured.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health