Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have the same thing this post describes, 2 doctors said

Customer Question

I have the same thing this post describes, 2 doctors said it's a hernia but they just glanced at it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take lisiniprol and thats it. Not about the hernia but I've been to the doctor and they've done stool, blood and a ultra sound in Feb this year all negative
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: great just a lot of gas and my stomach bloats at times. I get sharp pains sometimes from the top, middle of belly and bladder
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: High enzymes and slightly enlarged liver
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What post are you referring to?

Could you describe what is happening?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm male 35. I have about a 2-4" bulge in the middle of my stomach starting from my belly button up but only when I lean back. No real pain but I do get tingle pains in my belly button area, mid stomach and even down to my bladder on both sides. A lot of gas and bloating sometimes.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2" wide 4" long right in the middle of my abdomen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure what post I already got out of that page

Was the ultrasound done to look at this bulge?

Or was it done to look at another aspect of the abdomen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They looked at everything in my abdomen. It is not sensitive to touch.

A bulge in the center of the abdomen is frequently due to a ventral hernia, but if the ultrasound looked at the bulge and was normal, then this bulge would be more related to a weakness along muscles of the abdominal wall, rather than a true hernia, although over time, the weakness can evolve into a hernia.

If there is no hernia, the bulge would not be causing the other symptoms that you are experiencing. An enlarged liver with elevated liver enzymes can cause a variety of abdominal symptoms, although it will more often cause upper abdominal symptoms.

If the cause of the liver enlargement is unknown, then further evaluation of the liver would be appropriate, and it may be necessary to be seen by a Gastroenterologist. Another option would be a trial of a interventions to try to relieve the symptoms that you are having. There are several home interventions that can be considered. It may help to take probiotic supplements. I may help to increase the amount of fiber intake, either by high-fiber foods or fiber supplements. For the gas pains, it may help to use simethicone or activated charcoal.

However, if the ultrasound did not show the bulge to be a hernia, there is no reason to suspect that the bulge is causing your other symptoms.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you I appreciate your help. I have an appt next week already scheduled with a gastrologist.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.