Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I'm a 50 yr. old woman who's been struggling with paralyzing

Customer Question

i'm a 50 yr. old woman who's been struggling with paralyzing anxiety for over 15 yrs. I was put n prozac, effexsor bu-something, ,it gave such a bad eaction, I thought i was having a bad acid flashback, and it took 2 weeks to stop,the only thing that helps is alazapram,not clolotipin,or atavan, I've had some help from valuim and even taking an ambien helps to keep my axiety from climbing out of control,but the last shrink I had didn't want to listen to my issue's so I called him, names and left. Stupid,I know.Now I can't find a shrink to rescribe me xanax, they say it's to addictie,. I've been on it everyday for 13 yrs. I think that ship has sailed, now, I can't leave the house. Is there anything else on the horizon,or out there that might be helpful? (buspar)thanx cindy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 2 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am sorry to learn about your struggle with anxiety all these years and i empathize with you.

I believe if you are placed on a potent drug regime which has a combination of an anti depressant , mood stabilizer and an anxiolytic then you could gain a lot from it and even start feeling normal all over again. I therefore will suggest you the below mentioned drug regime which you shall discuss with your doctor and try it out for at least 4-6 weeks to see it's efficacy and if you find it useful then you may continue with it.

The drug regime is as follows.

1) -- Remeron ( Mirtazapine ) as an anti depressant, at dose of 15 mg at bedtime which shall be raised to 22.5 mg after 2 weeks and then further to 30 mg at bedtime after 2 more weeks and continued at this dose of 30 mg.

2) -- Etizolam as an anti anxiety medication replacing xaanx at dose of 0.25 mg twice a day ( i.e is morning and evening dose ) x 1 week then 0.5 mg twice a day and staying put on it and increasing the dose further only after 2 weeks and if the need arises.

3) -- Lamictal ( lamotrigine ) as a mood stabilizer , at a dose of 25 mg once a day , preferably in the afternoon and then after 2 weeks upgrading to 50 mg dose once a day and staying on this dose.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

PLEASE GENUINELY TRY THIS and see the benefits.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards