Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I've missed my period the month of august, but i figure it

Customer Question

I've missed my period the month of august, but i figure it had to do with the stress and mourning the loss of my mother. i have been feeling sick since sat morning/ just past, and just today i threw up. i took a pregnancy test this morning, and the second line on the test was faint. I've been cramping and spotting all day,
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: right now no, but on and off i get cramps. my periods tends to change every season.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, i did contact her today, and she said it sounds like a very early pregnancy so i will be getting a blood work done tomorrow at 9am
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry about the loss of your mother.

this stress can cause you to miss your period

and can cause nausea and vomiting as well.

you are most likely seeing a light refection on the second line being the reagent line. it needs to be blue for you to be pregnant.

I'm glad you contacted your doctor.

have you had sex recently without protection which could lead you to be pregnant?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much! The pregnancy test I took, result lines were red. I recently had sex without protection, but we both did oral sex, and finish with that before we had sex, but he did not ejaculated, while having sex.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

doesn't sound like you would be pregnant than

I bet you are not pregnant

I bet it is your stress and recent loss and grieving causing your missed period.

cramps can be due to hormone changes or ovarian cysts in your pelvis.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using