Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Have a throat irritation from 5 weeks. Cold and cough are

Customer Question

Have a throat irritation from 5 weeks. Cold and cough are gone but throat is still very dry and feels itchy and sometimes sore.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of experience. I will be happy to help you today.

I have a few questions for you. Do you smoke?

Have any allergies? Have you been told that you snore? Do you take any medication?

The answers to my questions will help me assist you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't smoke. I don't take any medications. I never had any allergies. I snore a little.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your response. You may have seasonal allergies. As a test, try Claritin daily for 10 days and gargle with salt water 3-4 times daily. If you see a major difference, then you have the answer. If not, a visit to an ENT doctor is suggested.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Did you try Claritin or another antihistamine and if so, did it help.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

I hope you are feeling better. Please provide a rating for my response, hopefully 5 stars.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did go toENT specialist. He gave a nasal spray to use for 2 weeks. It's been 5 days. I see a bit of a change but has not gone away completly. Hopefully it will be gone.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

That's great. Continue to use the nasal spray, most likely Fluticasone. It will take 10 days to two weeks to get the most benefit from it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's olapatadine.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

That's excellent. Olopatadine (Rhinocort) is very similar to Fluticasone (Nasacort).