How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5296
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in an RV and have been plagued with bugs. I had bugs

Customer Question

I live in an RV and have been plagued with bugs. I had bugs crawl down my throat at night and Ive woken up chocking and spitting out and have now a painful chest pain, the latest was last night. Ive done everything I can to prevent them to include a net over my bed but it doesn't stop; what do I need to do medically to check up ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 7 months ago.


Im sorry to hear about your situation. Well if bugs have been crawling down into your throat and you have woken up choking that means that they could have tried to get into your windpipe. Now the best solution here is to actually get a physical examination done to start with, this will allow the doctor to listen to your chest and see if there are any signs of an infection in the chest. In addition if needed he can run afew tests including a CBC and if needed a chest xray to see if there is any infection. It is unlikely that a bug actually got into the lungs as the body would repel such as situation and if it got into your stomach it would immediately die in the stomach acid. But this can cause a reaction which can lead to inflammation in the lungs which would cause pain, coughing, shortness of breath and pain which worsens on breathing.

So in short your should see your doctor and get the following tests done ASAP,

1) physical examination

2) CBC

3) Chest Xray

4) EKG (to rule out heart conditions which would be unrelated to the bugs but should be excluded)

5) if needed an endoscopy can be done if the pain persists for more than one to two weeks.

In the meantime i would suggest you start using OTC prilosec and a antihistamine which may help here like claritin but DO see your doctor ASAP.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 7 months ago.

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.