Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)

I have some questions for you. About 3 weeks ago there was a

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** and I have some questions for you. About 3 weeks ago there was a pinkish color in my seman, and a week or so after that I had a brownish color in it. Then about 4-5 days ago the whole ejaculation was blood. Now, today my urine was blood and above my pubic area is an uncomfortable feeling and my testicles are sore. My kidneys are uncomfortable as well. I don't have a primary doctor and was gonna go to the walk in, but don't believe they would be able to help me. I don't have insurance right now and I'm not sure if they would of just sent me to a specialist? Please help.. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern regarding blood in urine & semen:

What is your age?

Do you have any discomfort/pain during urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
47. No pain.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having pinkish color in semen(3 weeks ago), & brownish color a week later & after 4-5 days whole ejaculation was blood.Now today you had urine in blood & sore testicles & pubic area-these symptoms are of concern but not dangerous or serious issue.

The symptoms you have described of having blood in semen is called hemospermia.This can be due to inflammation,infection, blockage, or injury anywhere along the male reproductive tract.This can be due to a problem in testicles,prostate,epididymis or urethra.Old blood turns brown and this may have caused brown tint to your semen.

Blood in urine is medically called as hematuria.Often, bloody urine is from a problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract or its the prostate.Its most common causes are:benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate) in men over especially over 40 age,prostate infection or inflammation (prostities)kidney stones and bladder stones,infection of the bladder, kidney, or urethra.

Considering your age of 47 years & the symptoms of blood in semen & urine you have described is most likely due to prostate gland disorder,benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate).

You need following tests:

-Urinalysis and culture

-Semen analysis and culture

-Digital rectal examination (DRE),
-PSA velocity.

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly in providing relief from this soreness & discomfort.

Although this is not an emergency or serious issue,but if still the symptoms persists and as your PCP is not available,you need to go to ER/hospital to have examination done & to confirm the underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.How is your soreness of testicles & discomfort in kidneys?

Have you taken tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg?

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you & is waiting for your reply:

Thank you.

Kind Regards