Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I'm taking garçinia Cambodia, can that taken with brith

Customer Question

I'm taking garçinia Cambodia, can that taken with brith control make me higher risk for being pregnant if I'm having sex?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 months ago.

Garcinia cambogia is derived from a plant of the same name. It claims to suppress appetite and block fat storage.

As far a s we know, it will have no effect on birth control pills, although I don't believe that there is much research regarding the possible interaction of these two products.

It is recommended not to be used by anyone who is pregnant, diabetic or taking statin drugs.

Since it's a mostly natural product that claims no side effects, I think it is safe to use and unlikely to interfere with birth control pills or make you any higher risk for pregnancy.