Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Following an automobile accident in 2014 where they operated

Customer Question

Following an automobile accident in 2014 where they operated on right side hip and knee I still have rather extreme swelling on right side leg and foot. I cannot wear a shoe on that side and cold weather is coming on.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries, although I did have surgery last December to lengthen acchilles tendon to get rid of "drop-foot that occurred during the six weeks that Grady trauma center kept me asleep following the hip and knee surgery.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 66 years old, T ype-1 diabetes. well controlled for 59 years, fair medical condition. Not being able to wear shoes and walk is my greatest problem right now...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question.

Can you please provide details of the injuries you suffered and consequent surgery?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Right hip and knee fractures were operated on when I was brought unconscious to the Grady trauma center on Nov. 4, 2014. I woke in late December at another of the Emory Medical hospitals. I had feeding tube and tracheotomy and no memory of the previous six weeks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, my right foot and leg were swollen and had the "drop-foot" condition. Eight weeks of PT were not able to stretch that back to normal. Had surgery on ach. tendon to release that tension have been wearing a brace since.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 month ago.
ello,I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Too long!! I understood "30 minutes", "back & forth online conversation". I've lost confidence in your service and I don't want to waste anymore $ or time. GOODBYE & good luck.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO. Don't bother. No confidence in your "medicine".