Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I'm at kind of my wits end here... I've been experiencing

Customer Question

I'm at kind of my wits end here... I've been experiencing some health issues for a while now and I'm not sure if they're actual physiological health issues or just a result of my deteriorating mental health. I'm just going to tell you things I've noticed about myself and I want to know if you believe I have physical problems or if I'm just so depressed my sadness manifests physically. Anyways I'm a senior in high school now. Sophomore year I was an extremely active member in my school. I joined several clubs, volunteered, and kept a 3.3 gpa which was pretty impressive to me. I'm not sure what went wrong really but junior year I fell off the deep end. My grades dropped, significantly. I barely got a 2.5 all year. I developed insane attendance issues, missing at least a day a week because of the insane tiredness or unexplained pain. Anyways, like I said I'm extremely tired and even the littlest things seem to wear me out. I often have fainting spells, which I feel coming on. Often when I wake up or have been sitting in a bath. Sometimes for no reason at all. I realize this is normal except I really don't think it's normal when it happens everyday. It's accompanied with nausea, though I have been diagnosed with IBS. I have a headache everyday. And I mean everyday. Nothing seems to help except for medication so I take excedrin quite frequently. My neurologist thinks it's just stress. I'm super sensitive to temperature and I'm clammy and super sweaty most of the time without a fever. I have palpilations as well, which start with chest pain and end in rapid heart rate. More often than not my heart rate is elevated and my blood pressure is low. My last period came two weeks late and only lasted 2 days. I don't do drugs or alcohol. I'm an 18 y/o female who just wants answers. I can't seem to think or concentrate and it's really affecting my life. Please help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I feel dizzy a lot of the time. My thyroid has been checked and one out of two blood tests showed low tsh but normal t3 and t4. My endocrinologist also tested my adrenals but cortisol and acth were normal.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you think it's my mental health that's fine. I'm currently taking 75 mg of amnitryline and well ad omprezole for the IBS. I really just want answers. I've increased my antidepressant does but quite a bit which helps a little with my decrease in appetite and general attitude. If you think this is mental I will get help because I need to go to school. But that's kind of a last resort for me.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

As such you need a detailed physical examination and investigations to rule out any physical cause of your illness.

Uric Acid

Anti TPO antibodies(anti thyroid peroxidase antibodies)

LH,FSH,PRL(On third day of cycle)

Lipid Profile

RA factor Quantitative

CRP Quantitative

Urine complete examination

IgE levels

Vitamin D levels

Anti TTG IgA levels

Chest X-Ray

Ultrasound of whole abdomen

Basically in my opinion all relevant investigations should be done to rule out any physical cause of illness before considering this to be anxiety or depression.

I do think you should start with your Primary Care Physician and go ahead with full body checkup.Basically it is essential to rule out any auto immune disease as a cause of symptoms.

Let the PCP decide if you need refferal to a mental health specialist.

I understand that you are already taking Amitriptyline but still i would prefer a detailed investigations before going with the last resort.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.