Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am a 63 year old male. I am currently retired from the

Customer Question

I am a 63 year old male. I am currently retired from the USMC after 30 years. I was quite athletic and ran a lot. I am a diabetic Type 2, light high blood pressure. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have a lot of pain associated with it. I did a tour of combat duty in Vietnam and have had some sort of skin problems since then. After many years, I finally got the Veterans Administration to agree with some of my problems being associated with agent orange as my base was used very extensively with the delivery of this chemical. Over the past ten years or so, I have been affected by heat as I sweat protusively and I run completely out of breath and it feels as if my heart is racing. I can only withstand the heat for no more than 10 or 15 minutes before I have to completely stop and try to regain my breath and heart beat. I have had two stress tests and an echo gram of my heart. Both showed no problems and my Doctor is trying desperately to figure it out. I would appreciate any thoughts of what it may be!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

have you had your fibromyalgia treated with lyrica or cymbalta or savella?

have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked? hyperthyroidism can cause fast heart beat and heat intolerance

have you had ANA, ESR, C reactive protein to look for autoimmune disorders?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have taken lyrics but had to stop as it did not agree with me and quite frankly did not work very well at all. I have taken cymbalta for over 10 years and it seems to work well for the pain. I also on pain management and am currently on ocycontin. I do not believe I have had the thyroid hormone tests. I do not believe I have had the other tests as well. Do you recommend my Doctor to have these done?

yes, you should get your thyroid levels checked

you need to get blood test to check for autoimmune diseaes

you should get your pituitary hormone levels checked

you should be checked for anxiety and panic attacks as well.

talk to your doctor about these tests for you

stay on the cymbalta if it works for you.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there anything else you can think of as I am pretty desperate at this point. Have you conferred with any other Doctor on this matter (I'm just asking as I have never done this before). Please don't take offense.

I would talk to your doctor about those tests.

I would be happy to review your test results with you.

you can always start a new question for another doctor here to get another opinion from another expert here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not been able to realize if your advise is or will help me yet as I have not spoken to my doctor yet. I will rate as soon as I am able.

sure, I will be here.

thanks for using JustAnswer.com