Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have epilepsy lamatical 200mg 1x2aday frisium 10mg a night

Customer Question

I have epilepsy lamatical 200mg 1x2aday frisium 10mg a night paxtine 20mg i have high cholesterol a fatty liver and my stools have changed color to very pale i eat 80/20 paleo bmi 27 walk nearly every day weight is not moving
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

The pale stools in themselves are nothing serious or anything to worry about.

If your blood tests are good I would not worry about your pale stool.

Change in the color of the stool in the vast majority of cases does not indicate anything serious and most likely is diet related.

In your case it is healthy.

I would not worry whatsoever.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pale stool can be a sign of bile problems ?with fatty liver and can lamictal cause fatty liver
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

It can be a sign of bile problem only if you have yellow eyes and pain in the right upper abdomen.

The blood tests would show that.

If you are not having yellow eyes and skin and your blood tests done in the recent past were normal, I would not worry whatsoever.

Pale stools in a person who has problem with a stone stuck in the bile duct are very sick.

Kindest regards