Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

Foods that are good to eat with gout and foods not to eat

Customer Question

foods that are good to eat with gout
and foods not to eat
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Certain foods are to be avoided completely and these include alcohol, sweetened sodas, colas etc...organ meats like liver and kidney.

Certain foods can be taken in moderate amounts and these include Asparagus, mushrooms, Peas, Spinach, cauliflower , sweetened beverages, table sugar, red meat, beef, lamb, pork, poultry chicken and seafood with high purine content like sardines and shellfish.

Foods which can be eaten freely include low fat dairy products like skimmed milk, yogurt and eggs,protein rich vegetables and fruits, and starchy carbohydrates like rice, bread, oats potatoes etc...

Reply if you need any clarification.

If done do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?