Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I'm a 22year old male, I recently got sick for 2-3days with

Customer Question

I'm a 22year old male, I recently got sick for 2-3days with fever, cold sweats, loss of appetite, achy joints, a headache and a sore throat. I'm feeling better from everything but the sore throat and that partly had to do with the fact that:
I can't breathe deeply without having a sharp pain in my stomach, almost making me want to cry. I can't drink any fluid or eat any food with this pain flaring up. When I lay down it may be a bit worse but overall it's the same. I want to eat and drink but can't because the pain is so sharp and intense. If I chug water it subsides while I chug but comes back sharp as ever as soon as I'm finished chugging.
I'm taking tums and omeprazole thinking it may be acid reflux but it hasn't helped as of yet.
Any advice?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

Are you still having fevers? Any diarrhea or constipation?