Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a history of severe chronic and acute cluster

Customer Question

I have a long history of severe chronic and acute cluster migraine headaches have been tried on many medications many classes of medications with little success except pain medication and nausea medicine at time of headache I also have GERD and IBS along with hypertension and a history of sarcoidosis. I am having a meniscus repair on right knee this week finally to my question or concern I have been having increasing abdominal pain over the last month particularly in the morning when I awaken I am doubled over with abdominal cramping I take Librax and put two heating pad on my stomach usually end up having a diarrhea episode but over the past week or two noticing a moderate amount mucus in stool and discharge when I am cleaning myself also having strange nine bowel sounds like gurgling not connected to passing gas but more in the front of my abdomen but loud and strange sounding like gurgling liquid almost I know I need to go see a gastroenterologist but wondering if you have thoughts of what might be going on thank you for your time and thoughts Sometimes it takes between one and two hours to get my stomach relaxed enough to be able to walk straight without the heating pad obviously problematic at work so looking for any ideas
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Have you done a sonography as yet ?

It definitely does look IBS attack.

Have you avoided any particular diet till now ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No ultrasound or other types of testing completed recently last time I had a scan with a pet scan related to the sarcoidosis approximately three years ago and appeared the sarcoidosis was in remission and didn't say anything else showed up a regular item have had scans in past when doctors thought might've been having gallstones but nothing really found had a colonoscopy about four years ago came back fine did endoscopy at same time that was fine as well no special diet except trying not to eat late at night since I have so much distress and cramping in the morning I have noticed a decreased appetite overall am trying to drink smoothies to try and possibly get more nutrition and think that's all for those questions

Thank you very much for your reply.

Continue with the diet that you are following:

Add husk powder [ isaphgol ] to your diet. Add more fibres to your diet.

Endoscopy and Colonoscopy also have revealed all normal.

Have you done a Celiac screening [ antibody] test ?

This definitely does not sound like Sarcoidosis.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know it is not sarcoidosis was just relating it to and I had the pet scan no I have not had the other testing that you mention the celiac screening. I am just trying to see if there is any ideas of anything else to do is waking up every morning with the severe cramping pain besides my headaches and besides the problems with the leg that I'll be having surgery on Wednesday at the leg at the end of the day feels like I'm dragging around a 200 pound weight so with all of the different things going on it's just really draining my energy and difficult to function I will be seeing a gastroenterologist hopefully while I'm out on leave from surgery but concerned with the amount of pain in the abdomen and the addition of the mucus and the strange gurgling sounds that seem to come from all over my abdomen

Thank you very much for your messages.

Have you tried Husk powder ?

or even just fruits ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I guess you have stopped my call question whatever as you have not responded would expect a more formal closure unless it is related to me not paying $50 for a phone call

I haven't got any call ?

I haven't stopped any call?

Have you got your stool tests ?

Hello

I am awaiting a reply from your end.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.
Regards

Dr Pravin

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 months ago.

Hello

I am awaiting a reply from your end.

Regards

Dr Pravin