Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have been diagnosed with severe diverticular. for the last

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with severe diverticular. for the last 5 months I have stinging/burning pain sometimes painful to press on - this is an inch or two to the left and right of my belly button, getting me down (I have a bad wheat intolerance)
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: My medical history is H Hernia, Under Thyroid, total hysterectomy 15 years ago (scar tissue) I am 58 I alternate between constipation and loose stools, sometimes mucus, never normal stools, skinny or small pieces The more I eat the worse my symptoms get. I had a ct scan 5 months ago (severe diverticulitis sigmoid colon ) adhesions)
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Family history of ulcerated colitis (father) when I saw doctor he said that he would not operate for diverticuliter because of the fear of fistulas, these sting/burns are since I saw him. left side is painful before I pass a stool, This is affecting my life, I lost my job because I don't have the energy any more. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome.

The inflammation is increasing in your diverticulum causing more severe symptoms. At this stage you need a followup with your doctor as you might need an antibiotic for this and he may reconsider an option of surgery as you are not getting any relief.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.