Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

Ive had a headache now 3 days it started about the same time

Customer Question

Hi ive had a headache now 3 days it started about the same time as my monthlys, i was wondering if they were connected, so i read the safty data sheet with my tampons to refresh my memory on tss, the symptoms are headaches, temperature, dizziness and sunburn like rash. Well i dont have a temp of dizziness but i do have the headaches and this redness on my chest that looks like sunburm and red bloches below my ears on my neck. Not sure if they are connected.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: 3 days constantly no nausea
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

I would answer it in few minutes.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

I would answer it in few minutes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have to go out for 30 mins
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

No problem.

TSS is caused by bacterial infection and therefore in most cases fever is associated with TSS.

Low blood pressure is also caused by TSS and therefore dizziness is also described as a prominent symptom because blood supply to brain is decreased due to low blood pressure in TSS.

Still in some cases dizziness or fever may not occur and therefore if you have been having persistent headache along with sunburn like rash which has developed after using tampons it would be safer to have a doctor look at you and order relevant tests to rule out TSS.

This is my initial answer. Please reply if you need any clarification.

If done for now do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any related questions?

If done do take a moment o rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any related questions?