Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I have this feeling like it's in my jugular notch as if

Customer Question

hi i have this feeling like it's in my jugular notch as if theres a lump inside there
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: you can't physically feel it on the outside
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've gotten this feeling before when i have anxiety attacks but now it feels like theres actually something there because when i tilt my head back it blocks off my breathing a little
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 month ago.

As you have history of anxiety and such feeling of Lump is called Globus Hystericus , which is not actually a feeling of Lump but this is because of anxiety and often underlying GERD could be the reason .

So you should not worry about it , good Anti anxiety medication will help you to overcome this issue .

Meanwhile I will suggest you to have Cap Omeprazole 20 mg at bed time for 4 weeks .

You will feel tremendous response .

Good luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”