Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Had a ct scan after weeks of intestinal pain and symptoms.

Customer Question

Had a ct scan after weeks of intestinal pain and symptoms. Scan found questionably benign cysts in the liver and spleen and a calcified lymph node less than 2cm. Is this cause for concern? My doctor can't see me for another week and I may have to travel soon.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Several weeks, constipation and diahhera. Not eating helps.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No other medical history except IBS, which is why they ordered a scan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.
Well most of liver and spleen cysts are not so serious and usually don't cause symptoms.However, if cysts become large, they can cause bloating and pain in the upper abdomen.

In most of the cases, treatment is generally not indicated.

A single calcified lymph node less than 2 cm is also not so concerning.

Calcification in the lymph node is a very common finding on CT scan.

Most often it is benign calcification (from the deposition of calcium over time). It can be caused due to previous infection and as it's less than 2 cm so it's not so large to cause any serious issue.

You should try probiotic and yogurt.

Also try metamucil.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

And you can safely travel.

Stool culture can be done if your diarrhea persists.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.