Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

After undergoing an ultrasound the doctor remarks stated

Customer Question

after undergoing an ultrasound the doctor remarks stated that: right lower quadrant mass,colonic origin considered. What does this mean?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have to see my doctor this afternoon. I'm afraid it would be colon cancer. I'm NOT TAKING any medicine at the moment for this particular findings.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes I do have here. In Fact in my first ultrasound last June 2016, gallstones were seen in my gallbladder. Since then, I experienced gallstones attack everytime I eat oily /fatty foods. Because of pain in the abdomen which i iconsidered a part of a gallstones attack, yesterday I went to see another doctor and she requested for repeat ultrasound. So the result were:cholecystolithiases; right lower quadrant mass, colonic origin considered. CT correlation is suggested. Normal liver, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, urinary bladder and uterus ultrasonically .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I already went appendectomy last 2005. I delivered my two children through caesarian method.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Remarks suggests that there is Lump / Growth in the right side of lower abdomen .

Nature of this lump is not exactly definable on Ultrasound so further CT Scan is advised .

Possibility of Colon cancer should be ruled out .

However it could be Polyp , It could be other swelling , but CT is mandatory .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”